Enjoy Stamp Collecting?
We are a great group of men, women and youth that enjoy the hobby of kings. If you are interested in collecting, postal history or history in general this is a great group to learn from and share your knowledge.
About the Greater Mound City Stamp Club
- The Ass’s JawboneA stamp from Belize, Scott #1017 issued November 19, 1993, features an accordion player in the center, surrounded by other musicians playing maracas, drums, a guitar, and an unfamiliar instrument, the quijada (key-YAH-dah) or ass’s jawbone. Grow Philatelty – SHARE!!
- Stamp of ApprovalBy Hadley Mitchell and John Martin In September 1929, a man from New York selling office supplies went into the Andres Co. department store in Evansville and asked if a local stamp club existed. The query apparently led two local men, Arthur Romerhaus and Henry Meyer, to publish an article in the Evansville Courier asking anyone interested in stamp collecting to come to the store. Romerhaus and Meyer, a schoolteacher with a vast collection of Hawaiian stamps, were joined by seven others at a meeting. The Evansville Stamp Club became official on Oct. 2, 1929, and it’s still going strong … Read more
- Recap of the Great American Stamp ShowIf you weren’t able to join us in Cleveland for GASS 2023, don’t worry — here is what you missed! Photo Album: Exhibitor Palmares: 2023 Stamp Show Palmares- Click Here! 2023 Literature Palmares – Click Here! Video Recap: Hopefully you can attend next year in Hartford, CT or during 2025 in Schaumburg, IL Grow Philatelty – SHARE!!
- One of a kind Topicals: MONOPOLYGrow Philatelty – SHARE!!
- First Day of Issue Ceremony: Thinking of YouGreater Mound City Stamp Club member, 14-year-old Christina Esbeck was recently a speaker at the USPS First Day of Issue Ceremony for the Thinking of You stamps released on August 11, 2023, at the American Philatelic Society’s Great American Stamp Show in Cleveland, OH. The Thinking of You issue included the first cupcake on a U.S. postage stamp. From Left to Right: Dawn Hamman (President of the American Topical Association), Greg Breeding (Art Director, USPS), Cara Greene (VP, Controller, USPS), Christina Esbeck (Greater Mound City Stamp Club Member and Youth Exhibitor), Scott English (Executive Director, American Philatelic Society), Jennifer Miller … Read more
- Beyond the Perf – Christina EsbeckGreater Mound City Stamp Club’s Christina Esbeck is highlighted in the USPS Philatelic (2023/Volume 28/Quarter 3, pg. 49) based on her Cupcake Exhibit as the USPS will be releasing the first cupcake on a U.S. stamp at the Great American Stamp Show. Christina has been asked and will participate in the First Day of Issue Ceremony in Cleveland, OH on 8/11/2023. Congrats to Christina! Grow Philatelty – SHARE!!
Dennis Bickel (Aug 2023)
Dennis Ripplinger (Aug 2023)
John Kendle (Aug 2023)
Jeff LaPonsie (Aug 2023)
Sheryl Rose (Aug 2023)
Larry Esterlen (June 2023)
Eric Lee (April 2023)
William Wathern (April)
Carol Hesselbein (March 2023)
Donald Chenevert, Jr. (March 2023)
Barb Horter (February 2023)
Noel “Chief” Stasiak (February 2023)
- Accomplishments in Space Issueby MysticStamp
On September 29, 1967, the US Post Office issued its first attached pair of stamps to have a continuous design. Known as the "Space Twins," the commemorated the 9th anniversary of NASA The post Accomplishments in Space Issue appeared first on Mystic Stamp Discovery Center.
Kirkwood Community Center
October 23, 2023
Philatelic Jeopardy is where we find questions for the answers of all things Philatelic! Hosted by Guy Gasser.
Kirkwood Community Center
November 27, 2023
* MEMBER ONLY EVENT!!
Join the club now so that you can participate!
March 22, 2024 - March 24, 2024
St. Louis Stamp Expo is a joint effort of the stamp clubs of St. Louis, Missouri and surrounding communities. St. Louis Stamp Expo is an APS World Series of Philately qualifying show.
- March 22nd, Friday 10 AM to 6 PM
- March 23rd, Saturday 10 AM to 6 PM
- March 24th, Sunday 10 AM to 3 PM
Admission for all 3 days is $5.00 per person.
Children under 16 free.
Free Parking with Admission.